Mature, committed and responsible individuals are welcome to participate in CoSA-Ottawa’s Training Program. Prospective volunteers must:
- Be a minimum age of 21;
- Participate in and complete the Volunteer Training;
- Complete a screening process including: a volunteer interview, provide two character references, and a police background check (cost covered by CoSA), and
- Make a commitment to be involved for one year.
What To Expect
- Attend 1 circle meeting and 1 one-on-one meeting each week
- Attend CoSA social events and Discussion Series, when available
- Keep track of the volunteer hours involved with your Core Member, and submit monthly reports on activities, goals/progress, ect.
Please note: Attending the training does not obligate the participant to become a CoSA volunteer.